Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Chowder House-Montauk Long Island




Gotta love a real deal fish house on the water.  There is nothing like going to the beach for the weekend and eating fresh lobster, clam chowder, fresh sushi and mussels without having to worry about gluten.  Granted this lovely and very popular spot located on the edge of Long Island's Hampton scene in Montauk does serve gluten, they are however VERY gluten-free friendly!!

It's a neighborhood restaurant located on a marina in Montauk that even does shark fishing shows right on the dock where the restaurant sits atop.  It's beautiful.  There is also a outdoor bar scene, and it's super casual and kid friendly.  Just grab your sundress or a pair of shorts and flip flops and head over there after your surf in the salty ocean.  Any more decked out and you will look like an outsider rather then a regular.

Make sure you tell your server you have a gluten allergy and cannot have flour, bread, bread crumbs, rye or barley upon arrival.

Their White clam chowder does have flour, but their red does not.
There are no bread crumbs in their mussels.
Their lobster is completely gluten free.
Most of their fish can be prepared without flour, but you must speak with the Manager or your server.
Their sashimi is gluten-free.
and more!


I highly recommend this restaurant for casual and fantastic seafood located on 352 West Lake Drive, Montauk NY 11954.  (631) 668-6252

Enjoy! xoxo
Julie
www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com 

2 comments:

  1. The fries are not gluten free here. The owner just told me they were fried with wings and other items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juliana,

    You know it's funny-when I posted this, I had spoken with the Owner as well, as my family goes there often and they are the ones who had assured me that the fries were indeed gluten-free. So it appears I received some "cross-contaminated" information. Thank you for advising me! I have updated my post. I hope you are enjoying your summer.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx