Friday, March 4, 2011

Tu Lu's GF Bakery-Big Calories EEK!

As most of my readers know, Tu Lu's GF Bakery in the East Village in NYC is my FAVVV!!! GF bakery.  Every year for my birthday I do special orders for my friends.  This year my friends ordered the Red Velvet Cupcakes for me, So sweet!!

To my surprise, a small cupcake from Tu Lu's is a whooping 400 calories!

I notice that when I eat home-made baked goods that are GF, I never stop to think about CALORIES.

But I'm stopping now.  400 calories is A LOT! on 1 small cupcake.  For my birthday it was worth it, but I will have to keep this in mind going forward.

Sad face.

Enjoy this tid bit!
Julie
http://www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie!

    This is Tully from Tu-Lu's. I was just wondering how you found the nutritional content of our cupcakes? We have never had them tested, so I'm not sure where that information came from. I don't believe they are quite that much, because they are not that big! :)

    Tully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tully how are you?! I actually called your bakery last week and the girl who answered the phone told me they were aprox. 400 calories and to round up in addition to that. If that is not the case, then I am VERY GLAD, because they are small, but you should prob. inform your staff NOT to give out incorrect information when people call on the phone.
    So aprox how many calories do you think they are? And I will print/post a retraction!

    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx