Skip to main content

Decadent Brownie Cakes

So my stack of magazines on my living room table is growing.  It's a huge stack, I don't think I've ever had a stack so big.  I think maybe I'll just throw them out, but then again I don't want to miss out on anything...like this amazing brownie recipe I found in the March 2011 issue of Shape Magazine!  Gotta love when your allergy and/or disease is posted in a mainstream magazine that is distributed almost everywhere!  It means people are listening.



GF Brownies

Makes 48 Brownies.  Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 1 hour

1 cup garbanzo-fava bean flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder (make sure your brand is gluten-free)
1/4 cup of potato starch (not flour)
2 tbsp. arrowroot
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (DON'T FORGET THE XANTHAN GUM!!)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup of vegan chocolate chips (dark chocolate can be vegan-you just have to find the right one).


Preheat oven to 325 degree's.  Coat four 12-cup mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.  (Or coat one 12-cup mini-muffin tin and bake brownies in four batches).  

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, potato starch, arrowroot, baking powder, salt, baking soda and xanthan gum.

Measure out coconut oil (it has a firm texture) and transfer to a cutting board; mince well and add to cocoa mixture.

Add applesauce, vanilla and boiling water; stir until batter is smooth and coconut oil has completely melted.  Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in chocolate chips until well mixed.

Using a melon baller or tsp, scoop a generous dollop of batter into each cup of the prepared mini-muffin tins.  Bake brownies on center rack for 10 minutes, rotating tins 180 degrees after 5 minutes.
For a more fudge-like brownie, bake 8 minutes in total, rotating tins after 4 minutes.  Let brownies rest in pan for 10 minutes before enjoying warm.  To keep fresh , leave brownies in tins and cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.

xoxo Julie
http://www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel...

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com  

The Original Fudgsicle Mishap

                             My Grocery Cart About 3 months ago I was in the market as usual,  doing my weekly grocery shopping, in the second to last row: the freezer section.  I wanted my weekly fudge pop indulgence.  I grabbed the package in the backity back!! The most frozen one I could find, and decided to blog this wonderful gluten free treat.  I realized I had never blogged about this fudge pop being gluten-free, and how silly of me to keep this tid bit to myself.  So I grabbed my phone to take a picture of the front and back of the box.  I gasped! omg, omg, omg.  I starred at the ingredients.  MALT FLOUR.  Yikes!  No way!  It can't be.  How come I never noticed this before?  Did the ingredients change?  Was it always like this?  Something had to have changed and then to top it off I noticed at the bottom of the ingredient...