Skip to main content

A Gluten-Free Taste Of THAI



I found these at Fairway Market, the new one that just opened up in Murray Hill, NYC...Awesome!  My mom had told me about them so I bought two.  To try.  For my blog of course.

What's so great is that they don't have many calories, they are really good, all you need to make it is water and a microwave, because the packaging it comes in acts as the package you use, microwave safe.

It took me about 4 minutes to make.  

First you open the package and remove everything inside.  Fill the carton to the inside line.  The packaging says 1 cup, but I think it's really about 1 cup and a splash or two to meet the line.  Then you microwave it for 3 minutes with the water and the pasta, lid not closed.  Then you add in the other ingredients and sauce for an additional minute.  Then you take it out of the microwave (careful its hot) and add the peanuts.  And then it's done and ready to eat (it will be steaming).  It looked a little watery at first, but then after just sitting for not even a full minute, it thickened up.  It was delicious!  (Although I made it wrong, I added everything but the peanuts for 3 minutes including the sauce and then after read the directions and cooked it for an additional minute.  I made it wrong but it was still sooo good).

Great idea, clever packaging, 260 calories for the entire box, and it's a perfect work day lunch!

I had the Pad Thai, and this week I'm gonna try the Yellow Curry Noodles, and there were like 5 to choose from.

Great alternative!

Enjoy!! xoxo Julie
www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel...

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com  

The Original Fudgsicle Mishap

                             My Grocery Cart About 3 months ago I was in the market as usual,  doing my weekly grocery shopping, in the second to last row: the freezer section.  I wanted my weekly fudge pop indulgence.  I grabbed the package in the backity back!! The most frozen one I could find, and decided to blog this wonderful gluten free treat.  I realized I had never blogged about this fudge pop being gluten-free, and how silly of me to keep this tid bit to myself.  So I grabbed my phone to take a picture of the front and back of the box.  I gasped! omg, omg, omg.  I starred at the ingredients.  MALT FLOUR.  Yikes!  No way!  It can't be.  How come I never noticed this before?  Did the ingredients change?  Was it always like this?  Something had to have changed and then to top it off I noticed at the bottom of the ingredient...