Skip to main content

Risotteria Pizza Mix


Great pizza mix guys!  Risotteria is a Italian restaurant in the West Village that is gluten-free.  They have been around long before gluten-free became widespread.  Their food is fantastic and it's so good they have a line of mixes!  Risotteria's Pizza mix is awesome!  The outcome tastes so good.



The good thing about mixes is that you can keep them for up to a year.  Many months ago I had gone to Risotteria  in the West Village for dinner, and bought their Pizza dough baking mix.  So when I was designing my menu for last night I was excited that I still had it.  I was also a little nervous.  I have never made a pizza before. 

The recipe was easy.  All I had to do was add in 1 1/2 cups of warm water, 2 tsp. of Olive Oil and 2 tsp. of Cider Vinegar.  Not too hard to follow at all.

I have to say this was cool.  I was completely experimenting in my kitchen with no experience in making pizza. The dough texture was different then cookie dough texture.  It was almost like it had elasticity and would pull and retract, where as cookie dough, you pull but it does not retract.  It was squishy and heavy.  It was different then any dough I have ever dealt with.  So I rolled out half of the dough and this is what it looked like:

This pizza I rolled out thin.  But then I started feeling creative and took the remaining dough, rolled it out and used a Heart shaped cookie cutter and made individual pizza's in the shapes of hearts!  I personally thought I didn't roll the dough thin enough, but my friends loved them.

So I had both the super thin pizza and the thicker heart shaped individual pizza's.

I followed the remaining directions on the back of the package.  It said to bake the pizza's with nothing on them at 350 degree's till crunchy.  For the thin pizza I baked it for 15 minutes, and for the hearts about 20 minutes.  After that I was ready to decorate the pizza, and then cook for a bit longer.  First I dusted the pizza's with a bit of light olive oil with a cooking brush.  Then I added the Marinara Sauce, the fresh Basil, the fresh Mozarella and then the Parmesan Cheese on top.  These babies were ready to go into the oven!



After an additional 15 minutes of baking, my pizza's were ready.  I had to try one as it got out of the oven, and I surprised myself.  They were so good.  My guests fell in love with this pizza recipe!



Last minute I added freshly sliced baby tomato's for that extra tomato zing.  YUM!!


I strongly recommend this pizza mix.  It's the same as what Risotteria serves in their own restaurant!  It's a full-proof mix that everyone will enjoy!  Risotteria also has other baking mixes you can purchase like chocolate cake, carrot cake, breadsticks and more! Check out their website by clicking HERE.

xx Julie

Like Goodie and wanna Fall In LOVE?

Follow me on InstagramPinterest, Twitter and Facebook

Do you love health, wellness and nutrition?  Check out the Institute For Integrative Nutrition

Comments

  1. I found your blog through the Gluten Free Faces bloggers group. Looks great! Love the heart shaped pizza. You can also cut hormel pepperoni into heart shapes! Here is my article - Top 10 blogging tips. Hope it helps. http://gfsocialmedia.blogspot.com/2009/12/top-10-blogging-tips.html
    I also left an answer to question about header tabs in the blogger group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GF Social Media,

    Thanks for the comment, and yes, I will definitely check out your site.

    Thanks!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We got a dot com! I have moved to goodiegoodieglutenfree (dot) com - Visit me there!

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com