Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mozzarelli's White Pizzia



 


                                                                          Thin Crust

I recently ordered take-in from Mozzarelli's Pizza in NYC (38 E. 23rd Street between Park and Madison) and ordered a White GF Pie and chocolate layer cake also gluten-free.  I wowed my friends!  An amazing sicilian like pizza pie with ricotta cheese, romano cheese and garlic on a thin crust pizza.  Never would my friends have guessed gluten free.

Their pizza is one of my favorites in nyc.  If you are strolling in Chelsea you too can just slip into a nyc pizza joint and order a slice of gluten free pizza.  One of my favorite foods I left behind was pizza.  Well, I great, amazing slice that tastes like a regular slice.  Mozzarelli's has definitely accomplished this.

I remember about 2 1/2 years ago I had first heard of Mozzarelli's.  The pizza and penne ala vodka was so good, I called the restaurant and insisted that I speak to the chef.  I had to make sure it was gluten-free.  It tasted too good to be true.  When I finally got a hold of the chef he told me the ingredients.  I was shocked.  He then told me how he started making GF pizza.  The story was delightful and goes something like everyone else's story.  A family member had been diagnosed, and having a restaurant he wanted his family member to be able to enjoy what everyone else did.  Pizza.  And good Pizza.  And so after many trials, he finally came up with the perfect GF recipe.  

Their desserts are fantastic.  Kinda like the kind you would get at a diner but homemade.  I can always count on Mozzarelli's to satisfy my dessert cravings.




I have used Mozzarelli's Pizza for many parties, gatherings and just plain old dinners with friends.

Mozzarelli's: 212-475-6777

Enjoy! xoxo Julie

http://www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx