Skip to main content

Betty Crocker Goes Gluten Free!



As most of you know Betty Crocker went GLUTEN FREE.  Yay!  

I can't even tell you how excited I was when I was in Pathmark in Long Island.  I was making a quick pit stop at the market before getting on the train to NYC.  I remembered reading someone elses blog where they said they saw gluten free frostings at the supermarkets.  This I have not seen yet.  But I did stop quickly in the baking section to see, and I didn't see frosting, but I saw the Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake, Brownie, Devil's Food and Cookie mixes.  I could have jumped up for joy, but then I would have received stares from random customers.  I of course whipped out my blackberry for a few shots just for evidence.  The only times I have seen these Betty Crocker GF Mixes was online on the actual website, so to see these mixes at a market that barely carries anything gluten free was a revelation.  I was so happy!  I had to stock up of course!  I bought the Devils Food Cake Mix, the Yellow Cake Mix and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.

These mixes are also made in a gluten free facility, so no worries about cross contamination!

These mixes are also Kosher, Pareve, so that's always good for the Jewish Holidays!  Yay!

When I bake them, I will be sure to leave a review.  Each one at Pathmark cost about $4.29 per carton.  Not bad!  And they were one of the first mixes in the aisle.



Click HERE for Gluten Free Frosting recipes on the official Betty Crocker website

You can also purchase Betty Crocker's Gluten Free mixes on Amazon.com, 

I did some supermarket research to see where ya'll can pick up your own boxes of GF Betty Crocker in New York: Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Upstate, Westchester, Staten Island, New Jersey and Connecticut:

Queens:

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Elmhurst NY-(718)-803-0863

STOP & SHOP
Ridgewood NY-(718)-846-2310

Long Island:

KING KULLEN GROCERY
Manhasset, NY-(516)-365-2473

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Carle Place, NY-(516)-739-1535

WALDBAUM SUPER MARKET
Great Neck, NY-(516)-504-0879

SUPER STOP & SHOP
New Hyde Park, NY-(516)-616-9170

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Hicksville, NY-(516)-937-7060

SUPER STOP & SHOP
West Hemptstead, NY-(516)-796-5547

SHOPRITE
East Meadow, NY-(516)-796-5547

SHOPRITE
Plainview, NY-(516)-938-0240

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Bellmore, NY-(516)-826-0880

KING KULLEN GROCERY
Rockville Centre, NY-(516)-766-2818

PATHMARK SUPERMARKET
Seaford, NY-(516)-826-4090

KING KULLEN GROCERY
Huntington, NY-(631)-385-7365

SUPER STOP & SHOP
West Babylon, NY-(631)-587-9452

PATHMARK SUPERMARKET
Wheatly Plaza, NY


Brooklyn:

SHOPRITE
Brooklyn NY (718)-252-5770

New Jersey:

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Clifton NJ-(973)-779-6697

SHOPRITE
Nutley NJ-(973)-235-1213

SHOPRITE
Lodi NJ-(973)-365-2287

SHOPRITE
Paramus, NJ-(201)-843-6616

SHOPRITE
Rochelle Park, NJ-(201)-843-1424

Staten Island:

MANNIX SHOPRITE
Staten Island-(718)-982-8662

Westchester:

SUPER STOP & SHOP
New Rochelle, NY-(914)-632-7084

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Yonkers, NY-(Vredenburgh Ave)

Connecticut: 

SUPER STOP & SHOP
Stamford, CT-(Bedford Street)

To find out if your supermarket carries these Gluten Free mixes click HERE for the General Mills/Betty Crocker Product Locator.

And remember!  Just because I have not located your store in this list, does not mean your store doesn't have it!

Enjoy!! xoxo

Julie

http://www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com