Skip to main content

Katz Gluten-Free

I am LOVING Katz Gluten-Free these days!  I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to taste quite a few products from this amazing company and boy was it a treat!  

I received an email on facebook to speak about Katz Gluten-Free on my blog.  Naturally, I mentioned that in order to review anything on my blog, it would make sense if I tried the products first.  I couldn't find the products at my usual gluten-free stores, so the person I was in contact with was nice enough to send me a few products to sample like cookies, breads and challah bread rolls.  

Three days later I received quite a large shipment.  As I unpacked the breads, I thought "oh god" gluten-free bread.  

Let me explain.  Since going gluten-free four years ago, I gave up gluten-free bread.  I will not lie, I think it's disgusting.  Gluten-free bread, well at least store bought bread I have noticed is always very heavy and hard.  It doesn't have that same consistency I was once so used to.  It's not that squishy bread I once used to love while eating a sandwich.  After many tries in finding the perfect or even "eh" gluten-free bread, I just gave up.  I'd rather not eat it, if it's going to taste horrible.  The only time I would eat gluten-free bread, was if it were homemade and from a restaurant.  

So when I opened the package and found four bundles of bread, I thought to myself, how am I going to review this, when I hate gluten-free bread.  Even when I looked at it, I had horrible flashbacks of yucky looking gluten-free bread.  But, I had to try it.  How could I not.  This lovely man sends me all these products, the least I can do is try it.

And I am soooo glad I did.  No joke!  This bread was FANTASTIC!  I even called my mom, who is also gluten-free and raved!  RAVED!  This is the kind of Bread I have been missing all my life!  The kind of bread you would taste at your local deli with some pastrami or turkey.  It actually tasted like regular whole grain bread!  It was squishy in all the right places, and super, super tasty!  I ate the bread before I made the sandwich!  I was thrilled to know that store bought gluten free GOOD bread truly does exist!  And had this man not sent me these products, I probably would have been reluctant to try.  Shame on me!  

Katz Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip cookies reminded me of the soft Entenmann's cookies my dad used to bring home when I was a kid.  I can't even tell you the last time I have tasted a cookie that tasted like that!  They were super soft.  I think I ate like 5 in one sitting.  They were light and fluffy.  When was the last time you tried a store bought cookie, gluten-free mind you, that was light and fluffy?

I also received 2 types of Rugelech.  One was Cinnamon and the other was Chocolate.  I have nothing but wonderful and nice things to say about these products.  Both the Cinnamon and Chocolate Rugelech were fantastic.  My favorite was the Cinnamon.  They truly tasted like those bought at a bakery.  Memories of my childhood came rushing back as each cookie hit my tongue.  Oh and did I mention that Katz Gluten-Free products are not only gluten-free, but dairy-free, kosher for Passover and nut-free? and low in SUGAR.  I know right? How can a product taste so good, if all the goodies are taken out?  That I cannot answer.  I guess the proof is in the product.  I strongly and highly recommend Katz's products!  I swear!!! You will fall in love with their products. Soooo GOOD!

If you check out their website, you will notice that, their products are very allergy safe.  Their products are manufactured in a gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free facility.  They are very conscious to make great products minus the top allergens these days.

Check out their Store Locator to find Katz at a store near you.

Enjoy!!

xoxo Julie


**As always I would love to hear your comments.  If you have tried any of Katz goodies, please feel free to express your thoughts below!  My comments tab is a bit hidden below the bottom of my post next to "posted by goodiegoodiegluten-free".  Don't be shy now.  : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com