Skip to main content

Gluten-Free Watercooler-MacarOn Cafe





                              
Where dreams become reality, this tiny cafe serves up the most delicious and colorful French Macarons that are quoted as out of this world by many including myself.  Most who are not gluten-free fancy these tasteful desserts, but now MacarOn Cafe has announced that this dessert is in fact gluten-free.  It even says so on their pink and white post card with their menu.  Sweet!

                              

My boss has been hearing so much about gluten-free because of me, that she now notices what is and what isn't.  She hands me today this post card of their menu and asks me if I have ever had a Macaron (which is different from a Macaroon).  I say no, and she tells me they are gluten-free and that I must try one.  I take the post card and look up their website which is even more beautiful then their card.  The Macarons look so amazing it's hard to believe that they are gluten-free.  French macarons are a pastry that looks like two puffy and chewy meringue cookies sandwiched together with flavored cream custard.  The puff part of the cookie is also flavored and colored.  They differ from American Macaroons because these are made with Almond Flour and not with Coconut.  I am told not to go their during lunch because the line is out the door and around the block.  Upon my arrival the line was literally down the block and around the corner.  Wow! I am excited because they also do desserts for events, weddings and parties.


What's so great is that it's not just one flavor.  Usually when dealing with gluten-free there are never so many choices (at least in one place), but I can't even tell you how surprised I was upon visiting their website and cafe.  So many thoughts went through my head while viewing their Macaron flavor gallery.  Each pastry is made with sweet dedication and care.  These pastries are pretty, colorful, delicate, eye pleasing, taste pleasing and mouth watering.

                              

This cafe serves flavors like Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, French Vanilla, Violette Flower, Rose, Litchee, Expresso, Pistaccio, Praline, Nutella, Coconut, Cassis, Lemon, Raspberry, Strawberry, Passion Fruit, Honey Lavender, Tahini Sesame, Apricot, Cappuchino, 4th Of July Special, Cassisviolette, Chestnut, Chocolate Passion Fruit, Coconut, Creme Brulee, Grapefruit, Expresso, dulche de leche, Jasmine, Lychee Rose, Lemon, Matcha Green Tea, Matcha Chestnut, Mango, Mocha, Orange Blossom, Pineapple, Pistachio, Raisin Rum and MORE!  The flavors are endless. 


I was able to get over to the Macaron Cafe later in the day and I was in heaven.  Even the work staff are french.  It makes me think I am in Paris rather then NYC.  Their employees all wear pretty floral frocks (dresses) and white doily like looking crowns.  It's so quaint!  I spoke to them about their cookies and I was told they are made with Almond Flour and completely gluten-free (I always like to double check).  Even in the later part of the day, they still have huge selection of treats in various flavors!  It's good to know that they don't run out of flavors as the day goes on, because their kitchen is directly above their store. 


                                         Honey Lavender-my favorite!!

Upon trying these delicious cookies I was surprised.  I didn't expect them to be chewy.  Their consistancy was of a chewy meringue with a custard like filling.  I tried the Honey Lavender, Creme Brulee, Coconut and the Dark Chocolate.  My favorite was the Honey Lavender and the Coconut.  Wow.  I can't even describe they way they taste.  You just have to try it for yourself!  It's worth it!  The second day that I went I tried the Orange Blossom, Rose Petal and again the Honey Lavender!  Each one is tastes so different and are so good!!

Individually they are each $1.95.  The price is steep, but they taste so good.  Could you put a price on Gluten-Free heaven?  I think not.

There are two bakery locations.  One is in the heart of the garment district near Macy's at 485 7th Avenue (Entrance on 36th Street Open M-Friday 7am-8pm and Saturday 10am-7pm) and the other is on 625 Madison Avenue. (Entrance is on 59th Street near Bloomingdales open M-Friday 7am-7pm, Saturdays 9am-7pm and Sundays 10am-6pm).

Check out their amazing website at:  MacarOn Cafe

or their Macaron Gallery for some visual eye candy on their parisian treats!

Have a party, wedding or event?  Or maybe you just want to view their amazing menu which also happens to have fantastic salads.  Sadly their amazing sandwiches and crepes are NOT gluten-free, but for those of you with husbands, boyfriends, friends and family members that are not gluten-free, there is something for them here too. Even more exciting you can order these beauties in box form for gifts.

Need a map or directions? Click HERE

I strongly recommend you popping over for some sweet pastries French style!  You won't be sorry!

xoxo Julie

http://www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com