Skip to main content

Gluten-Free Watercooler-Stanton Social-LES Eatery

There is nothing more that I love then seeing a fabulous trendy restaurant with an excellent Chef cater to me, one of the members of the gluten-free community.  Stanton Social has been recognized for it's amazing tapas created and designed by Chef Chris Santos.  Located on the Lower East Side of Manhattan this sexy bistro serves multi-ethnic shared dishes like Red Snapper Tacos, Lobster Salad Lettuce Sliders and Yellowfin Tuna Sashimi.  The best part is the gluten-free menu is amazing!  I have dined there at least three times since going gluten-free and I am satisfied everytime.

Upon my diagnosis I thought this bistro would be ruled out forever.  I figured with CD how could I eat here.  Then I heard a while back, Chef Chris Santos felt the need to add in a gluten-free menu.  Well bravo.  More restaurants should be doing this.

Now this doesn't mean that cross contamination is ruled out, but according to the wait-staff and Chef, they do their best to eliminate cross contamination as much as they possibly can.  That's hopeful.

I happen to have on hand their gluten-free menu and it is superb!  When it comes to dinner they have a printed out menu.  When it comes to Lunch, the waiter is there to guide you with their regular menu and what they can do gluten-free.  For brunch I had the Eggs Brushetta minus the bread (mouth watering)!, The Red Snapper Tacos and the Lobster Roll minus the bread.  The tapas dished are served with three on the plate, and if you are not sharing I'd advise you to order 3 dishes just for yourself.  Although this bistro promotes sharing, I find that if you share you should order at least 2 dishes of the same thing.  The dishes are small.  Choose from an array of desired dishes and indulge gourmet style.

                                                                                           GF Eggs Brushetta

                                                          GF Red Snapper Tacos

                                            GF Lobster Lettuce Sliders


This restaurant is trendy and has a great scene/ambiance.  I look forward to dining there as the experience is one of those amazing scenes you will want to be a part of.  Stanton Social has an amazing buzz.  Located on 99 Stanton Street between Ludlow and Orchard Streets, New York, NY 10002.  (212) 995-0099.

I am also loving that you can make a reservation for this sexy spot directly from their website, who is partnered with Opentable.com, the best place to get your restaurant ressie without the hassel of a phone call.

Enjoy!

xoxo Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com