Skip to main content

Gluten-Free Watercooler-Bistango

I cannot tell you how many times I have eaten at Bistango and have never blogged about my experience.  Bistango is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants and I think the amazing staff deserves a shout out!

Their manager and wait staff whether you dine in or dine out are extremely understanding of the gluten allergy.  Their entire menu can be catered gluten-free with the exception a two or three dishes (and their staff will tell you either way).  All pasta's can be made gluten-free as well as their Calamari dish and even their chocolate cake or apple tart!  Can we say yum?!

I have had the pleasure of trying almost everything on their menu that I would desire gluten-free.  I have eaten their pastas-Penne ala Vodka is my fav, but you have to ask for it, because it's not even on the menu! Their gluten free raviolis are fantastic.  I can never decide between the mushroom ricotta and their spinach ricotta and their cheese tortellini is so good, you forget they are all gluten-free!  Their GF pizza with prosciutto, (which tastes like a gourmet pizza, not a slice from a city joint) to their variety of salads and veggies are always unforgettable.  I love their Grilled Salmon sauteed in white wine with capers and lemon.  It's amazing.  I am also a continuous customer for their Pollo Aromatic-sauteed chicken with grilled peppers, artichokes, sun-dried tomato with white wine.  And don't forget to try their Ceasare salad!! Their MENU changes seasonally, so there is always a new palate to try at Bistango.

I LOVE how they serve gluten-free bread too.  I am a big fan of take-out from Bistango but on the occasion I eat there.  When you walk in, it is home like.  It has a wonderful neighborhood feel and everyone says hello.  Smiles fill the room as you sit down.  You are immediately offered bread.  For those who are gluten-free, they have amazing gluten-free bread.  It is served with olive oil.  

Whenever I call for take-out their staff recognizes my address and then they say Hi how are you! or Hello again.  It's so nice.

Although the restaurant does in fact serve gluten they are very careful of cross contamination and use separate cooking utensils and pots.  Their kitchen staff is well aware of gluten and what it can do to a customer to Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy.

Some of their desserts are made in-house and some are brought in by other gluten-free bakers like their chocolate tart which is superb.  Even their ice cream is free of thickening agents you would find in most ice cream and Gelato.

Don't forget to take a look at their reviews!  There is even a section on reviews from other gluten free rescources like Everybody Eats, GF Guidebook and The Celiac Cite

Bistango is located in the heart of Murray Hill NYC on 415 Third Avenue at 29th Street.  Be sure to stoop on by and have a bite!  (212) 725-8484

Enjoy!

xoxo Julie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com