** Found in October 2010 InStyle Magazine
4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
1 small onion, sliced
4 whole cloves
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp GF all-purpose flour ( try Bob's Red Mill. His flours are the best! Also try using a different flour besides all-purpose. There are so many gf flours to choose from, and each has a different flavor)
2 tsp. sugar, or to taste
1 tsp salt
4 oz. creme fraiche
1. Over medium heat, combine tomatoes, onion, cloves and broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat. Use a strainer to transfer liquid into a pan; discard leftover vegetables. Set tomato liquid aside.
3. In a clean pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add gf flour; cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring until mixture turns medium brown.
4. Slowly whisk strained tomato juice into pot.
5. Season with sugar and salt. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in tiny bowls or shot glasses, and top with a spoonful of creme fraiche.