Skip to main content

Palm Beach Grill

Hello from sunny Palm Beach, Florida!  Ahhh...the heat feels soo good!  It's about 80 degrees and I am definitely sporting some great color!  Seeing a lot of Neon color trends and fun straw tote bags.  This whole peruvian influence is coming on in!  So stock up on great colorful bags!!

On the gluten-free side...I went to Palm Beach Grill here in Palm Beach, Florida and I have some great news to report.  But first a story behind a story.

Do you know why Palm Beach Grill is called Palm Beach Grill? And not Houston's and/or Hillstone?  Well Houston's also now renamed as Hillstone is a fantastic chain across the board known for it's amazing ribs (not gluten-free) and great Salmon dishes.  Known for their fries and dips, as well as their wine and beer selection.  This place is not fancy by any means, but it offers a great and large setting for a family outing, drinks with the boys or an intimate date.  It's also a great after work spot and always has a happening bar scene no matter what location and what state.

Now Palm Beach is known for its ritzy nature with ritzy people and Palm Beach Island does not want any kind of "chain" on their island.  Go figure.  So now Houston's is called Palm Beach Grill.  It's purpose is to stand out from the rest.  What is funny, is that it is the same menu, same decor and same type of atmosphere.  It's really quite hilarious.  So those fancy Palm Beach residents who think they are going fancy are really going to Houstons/Hilstones.  Ha!

But regardless of the name the food remains the same-fantastic!  And the waitstaff is soo uber gluten-free friendly. I was even told by my waitress when I went to explain my allergy that their restaurant can get in a lot of trouble if they don't prepare gluten-free food in a separate gluten-free cooking area.  Fantastic!!

I think Fantastic is the word of the day.  He he he.

What a relief.  I have been to many of the houston's chains, and I have found that all of their chains react the same way.  So although, this chain does not have a gluten free menu, there are plenty of options for you to have!

Off the top of my head:

Steak
Salmon
Chicken
Artichokes
Baked Potato
Salads
Tuna roll (no sauces)
and much more!
Just make sure you are not using the sauces.  At this restaurant it's the sauces that will get you.

Here is what you CANNOT HAVE:

Ribs (sorry folks, as they used to be my fav too, their sauce is pre-prepared and therefore according to their manager at one of the NYC locations, there are thickeners, hidden gluten and obvious gluten in their sauces).  Boo!  Sad face.
Also, their spinach dip is NOT gluten-free , and I am not 100% sold on their tortilla chips.  Because they are not made there, I am not sure if there is a combo of flour and corn in them, but I don't trust it.
And sadly all except the ice cream is not going to be gluten free, so steer clear!

So there you have it.  Houston's/Hillstone and Palm Beach Grill are the same restaurant

and

There are many gluten free options prepared separately!

Enjoy!

xoxo Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com