Skip to main content

Gluten-Free Snacks on the Go

More and more.  More and more.  More and more, I am seeing the words Gluten-Free.  A breakthrough one might say.  I say bring it on.  Bring on the gluten-free, especially in the snacks department.  I am a working woman, and I like to bring my snacks to work.  It's hard when you step out for lunch and there is not much you can have.  And that always leads me to binge on something I should not be having.  No not, gluten, I don't dare go down that road, but I'll eat candy (GF of course).  But why resort to candy and crap when there are so many gf snacks to choose from?

We always have to be prepared.  It's just the way it is.  How's that song go?  "It's just the way it is, some things never change...dah da de dah-take a walk down 80's music memory lane for a moment, I love that song.

So if you know you are gluten-free and you want snacks bring them with you, and you won't ever have that problem of going back to something not good for you.  Or if you do the research ahead of time, before the hunger hits and know the places that carry the food that you need, you are then prepared.  My point is, be prepared, and the world will be your oyster. 

Drumroll please...badabadabadabada...GF Snacks

Skinny Popcorn only 35 calories a cup!  Hard to find, but when you do stock up!  I have found this awesome bag of popcorn at Food Emporium (sometimes) on Third Ave and 31st street, Christina's Market in East Norwich, Long Island, Mesina Kitchen in East Norwich, Long Island and Pathmark in Roslyn, Long Island.  Other then those spots for me, somewhat hard to find, but google it and you will find results.





Next on this list...badabadabadabadabada....Yoga Vive Chips-Dried Fruit, yummy and crispy almost has the same consistency as a chip but it's fruit!  Can't go wrong with that!!  Only 35 calories for 6 whole pieces! woo hoo!!.  These are 100% Fuji Apple Chips.  Kid Friendly, Gluten-Free and a great healthy snack.  There are two versions I have seen on these, either 100% Fuji Apple or 100% Fuji Apple with Peach flavor.
Crunchy and great if you keep them in the fridge.  I found these at CVS go figure, and GNC. 




The last snack, well not so healthy, but everyone has to indulge at some point, and these potato chips rock!  They taste so old school.  They are not baked or low fat, they are your all American chip.  You can find these almost anywhere!  I found these in Amagansett, New York but I see them everywhere from airport terminals to CVS to supermarkets and gas stations.  You can always find a potato chip that is gluten-free.  Just remember, the most pure in their original form are the gluten free versions.  When you start going baked, or powdered or flavored or lite, you are adding more processed ingredients and you will have that chance of encountering gluten.



Save the best for last right?  Did you know that Tate's famous cookies just came out with a gluten-free version?  Personally I think my homemade ones are better, but these rock just fine.  They are 80 calories per cookie, baked flat, thin and crispy.  They are made with rice flour, and their gluten cookies are made with barely.  They have the same packaging but they say GF.  At first my brother Greg mentioned them to me, he told me they carry them at Mesina Kitchen in East Norwich, Long Island.  So of course we went!  I had to try, had to have...what something new that's Gluten-Free?  I need to try for my blog and me!  So I did, and I asked their manager if they had a following, and well they do.  I then started seeing them at all Food Emporium markets!  Yeah!!  So easy to pick up a batch.  Yum!  Try them.


I like knowing that out there in the world is a world of gluten-free.  It puts my mind at ease that at any time I can find what I need and take care of myself.  And that is what is important to you, my readers.  Find what you need when you need it.  So for my readers, gluten free is out there!

I read on so many forums that people have trouble with this disease and allergy and I don't know why.  Yes, of course it is a struggle, and it is hard, but it's not as hard as you think.  Don't eat the gluten junk when you can find gluten free right around the corner.

Enjoy! xoxo Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com