Skip to main content

Gluten-Free Watercooler-CO OP Restaurant

Another fabulous spot that caters to those whom are gluten-free!  This by no means is a gluten-free restaurant, but the chef (John Keller) and wait-staff and even the owner are very savvy!  I attended my sister's bday party last year at this fine Lower East Side dig and uber popular lounge.  We sat down and I immediately noticed the menu was asian fusion and sharing.  Sh*t I thought.  But then when I mentioned this to the waitress she went to ask the chef and she came back with a list written on a piece of paper that I actually still have and had taped it to my desk.  I will share it with you.  (see below, the list).



This restaurant is located on 107 Rivington between Ludlow and Essex, right in the Rivington Hotel.

A post long overdue, and a fabulous restaurant that needs recognition!

Here is the NO GLUTEN list from the chef on the Dinner Menu

Fluke Crude
Tuna Salad
Kale Caeser
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Baby Octopus
Chopped Salad
Paper Cut Salad
Edamame 
Lobster Cappuccino
Uni Risotto
Shisito Peppers
Chicken Lollipops
Shrimp Tacos
Grilled Asparagus and other grilled veggies
Fried Oysters-though I'm pretty sure this one is a mistake-or maybe they batter these babies in a gluten-free flour.
In addition to this list, they also have a "Simply Grilled" menu-meaning a list of fishes they prepare by grilling and not using sauces. 
Steak (no sauces)

I had the Shisito Peppers, Simply Grilled Salmon, Grilled Asparagus and the Tuna Salad.  Everything was delicious and for a tapas style sharing menu, these plates were quite large.  I had ordered too much!  About two plates too much.




                                 *all sauces used are gluten-free with the exception of the sauce
                                   used with the Salmon.  That one I did NOT use.

Their brunch menu looks delicious too!  But total bummer between the zillion pancake, waffle, biscuits and french toast there doesn't look like there is much for the Gluten-Free with the exception of the omelette, so I will not even post the brunch menu.  At least they have the dinner down pat with gluten-free options.  Win some, loose some.

Enjoy! xoxo Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com