Monday, July 2, 2012

Dill Pickle Chips w/ Dipping Sauces

Have you ever seen these out in the stores? Dill Pickle Potato Chips?? I have!  About two weeks ago I was with my brother Greg at Messina Market ( a great eatery/market that carries tons of gluten-free items, including gluten-free bread and will even clean the deli slicer for you, if you ask).  Well, I was really hungry so I got a tuna sandwich with gluten-free bread ( I was super psyched), some gluten-free gummies, a large iced cappuccino and a package of olives.  My brother asked if I was pregnant.  I was not.  Just typical cravings.

Suddenly it was like love at first sight, I saw them.  Sitting in the corner with the rest of the chips and I went right for them.  Dill Pickle Potato Chips.  OMG Heaven!  I wanted them.  My mouth was watering.  They were Route 11's Dill Pickle Potato Chips which happen to be gluten-free (not the sour cream and onion ones), yay me! Score!!.  Of course, Greg thought there was something wrong with me, with all of the random foods I had chosen.  But OMG.  Heaven.

Then I remembered this article I ripped out of Oprah Magazine on these amazing dipping sauces that went hand in hand with this fabulous chip.  I must tell you!  This is a great app to serve at a gathering, or for your kids, or your husbands while watching a game.  

Three Cheese Pepperoncini Dip
In a food processor, blend 3/4 cup sour cream and 2 tbsp. cream cheese until smooth.  Add 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup drained pepperoncini, 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, 1 tsp. lemon zest, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.  Pulse several times to combine into a chunky dip.

Creole Mayonnaise
Stir 1 tbsp. Creole or Cajun seasoning or use 1/4 tsp. each cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and kosher salt into 1 cup mayonnaise.

Enjoy! xoxo Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx