**found in July, 23rd issue of People Magazine
Silk-Handkerchief Pasta with White Bolognese
2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for garnish
1 lb. ground pork
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped fennel
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup finely chopped parsnip
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups (1 bottle) dry white wine
4 cups low-sodium chicken stock (make sure this is gluten-free)
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp. chopped sage, plus more for garnish
1 (1 lb.) box lasagna sheets, broken into thirds (Gluten free lasagna brands such as De Boles and Tinkyada, both can be found at Health Smart in Murray Hill NYC)
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in a very large skillet and brown meats until cooked through. Remove meat; leave liquid in skillet.
2. Add vegetables, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to skillet; cook, stirring, until browned, 12-14 minutes.
3. Return meat to skillet, add wine and reduce until almost evaporated. Add stock and reduce until almost evaporated. Add milk and sage; simmer until thick, 10 minutes.
4. Cook lasagna until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
5. Add pasta and pasta water to skillet and cook 1 minute.
6. Serve, garnished with olive oil, cheese, sage and parsley.
Enjoy! xoxo Julie