Saturday, July 7, 2012

Oprah's O' Mai Mai Juice

**found in Oprah Magazine, April 2012 issue

Yum!  Nothing like a summer juice on a breezy day, and if it's an alcoholic day just add Vodka, I prefer Kettle One since it's the only vodka that doesn't bother me.  You decide.

One day in Maui, I tried to make my own version of a drink I had at the juice bar Liquiteria in NYC.  I added pineapple because it was on the table and mint because it was in my garden, and after my first sip, i said, "O' Mai Mai!".  Add vodka for a bit of liquored tang!

3 apples, cored
6 mint sprigs, plus one more for garnish
2 cups pineapple
1 1/2 knob of ginger
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 oz. vodka (optional)
Dash cayenne pepper

Using a juice extractor, juice the apples, mint, pineapple, and ginger.  Stir in lemon juice and vodka (if using).  Top with cayenne and garnish with mint.

Makes 2 cups.

Total time: 10 minutes

Enjoy! xoxo Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx