Skip to main content

Spruce Up Your Coffee

Missing those super yummy flavored coffee's, lattes and frappuccinos from Starbucks and other coffee spots?  (If you are enjoying them.  Stop, cuz they are not gluten-free.  Remember Carmel coloring equals gluten symptoms such as hair loss.  If you know my blog, you know that I always blog about caramel coloring (not to be confused with actual candy caramel).  Caramel coloring is one of those hidden gluten ingredients.  Steer clear.)  If you are following the rules of the gluten-free diet then most likely you are missing those fabulous drinking treats.

So I have some solutions.

Cardamom Pods

Recently I bought Cardamom Pods from the market.  They come in a soft shell that you can break open.  Inside lies a few little seeds from the cardamom pod.  These seeds are known to be used in baking but are also great in coffee as the back of the package states.  Add those seeds to your coffee, and just let them sit or dissolve (though they never truly dissolve), but they provide a tasty dessert treat taste into your coffee.  Think Snicker doodle cookie.  Then add your Splenda and milk as usual.  If you ran out of milk and are in a bind?  Use frozen yogurt, or a frozen yogurt pop or ice cream.  It works when you need it to.  It is sooo good, I use one pod per one coffee every morning.  The best!  And it's naturally gluten-free.

Miss the mint in your coffee?, similar to the Starbucks Chocolate Mint Latte?  Add a Spanglers GF candy cane into your coffee.  Use half or the whole thing, and let that be your stirrer.  It tastes soooo good and does not overpower the coffee!  You can do what I did, and stock up on packages of Spanglers Candy Canes (the peppermint version, though they have others) from their website, it was so cheap, and so many came in the mail.  Thank you Spanglers, the only GF candy cane I know of.  (As for the rule in candy cane eating...the ingredients on the package may never mention gluten, but the candy cane making process uses flour.  Flour is used to prevent the sticky candy cane from getting stuck in its clear wrapper during the manufacturing process, so the cane is coated in flour before going into the wrapper.  Just think you or your child is licking wheat directly off the candy cane, and therefore ingesting gluten.  Some people never realize.  I realized because after eating quite a few off my tree a few years ago, my hair started getting thin and falling out and I wasn't feeling right.  I knew I was eating gluten.  After ruling everything out?  All that was left that was different in my diet was the candy cane.  I couldn't figure it out, until i did candy cane research.  Low and behold.  Spanglers is the only candy cane I know that doesn't use flour in their process).  To buy Spangler's Candy Canes click HERE.  (As for Spanglers other candies, you can count on those too!  Gluten-free for all and to all a good night!).

Enjoy! xoxo Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com