Skip to main content

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Hey folks how are you all?!  I hope super fantastic!  If not these amazing peanut butter cookies may just do the trick.  They are super easy to make, and take a very small amount of time.  Hey-isn't that great?  Totally kid friendly and there is no dairy, no gluten and they are Vegan!  Naturally.  I cannot take credit for this recipe, as a friend passed it along to me.  My friend's cousin is Celiac and has been since a small child, and she loves these.  My friend jokes that her husband is Italian and hates anything GF and loves these as well.  

Now I made them with Dark Brown sugar instead of the Light Brown sugar it called for (cuz that's all I had in my kitchen).  Totally a BAD move.  That made them taste only ok, even though I ate five anyways.  Ugh.  Sweets in my house no matter what they taste like, I will eat them anyways.

You will also need a very tall glass of milk to wash them down.  Or Soy milk or dairy free milk, but something for sure.

Anyways here is how you make them...




Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 cup Peanut Butter-I used specialty Peanut butter : Peanut Butter and Co No-Stir Smooth Operator Natural Peanut Butter
(If you used processed Peanut Nut Butter you have a chance of bringing in dairy/lactose, so be careful as to which one you choose).
1 Cup light brown sugar (do not use dark brown sugar)
1 large egg
24 candy kisses (Hershey's) (dark if you want this recipe for Dairy Free or Vegan) or use any chocolate square of your choice.  (I used a chocolate bar that was GF and put 1 square on each cookie).

Beat all ingredients in a bowl together, in no specific order, and beat till smooth.
The batter will be sticky.
Make into 1 1/2 or 1 inch balls and flatten with your fingers (push them down).  Use three fingers and a dab of water to flatten so it doesn't get sticky on your hands.
Place two inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
Add the Hershey's kiss or chocolate of your choice (just 1 kiss or just 1 square) in the center of each cookie
Bake 10-12 minutes.  (I baked at 12 minutes, and they burned.  Better to stick them in for 10 minutes)

*The reason for flattening them before baking?  I have noticed when I make gf cookies, they don't flatten on their own.  If you want a cookie that is not flat, then do not flatten before putting them in the oven.

*Reason to use light brown sugar instead of dark?  Dark brown sugar give a different taste then light brown sugar.  Dark brown sugar is also known to work like Molasses giving the cookie when baked a different texture and taste.  

*To make not dairy-free, use milk chocolate at the center and a processed peanut butter.

*Fact about peanut butter-the more processed you go, the more ingredients you will find, and not all of them are good.  

*Peanut Butter and Co's Smooth Operator ingredients are simple: Peanuts, evaporated cane juice, palm fruit oil and salt.  That's it.

*Peanut Butter and Co has a super cool restaurant in NYC!! Far out right?  I just called to make sure they serve gluten-free bread since their peanut butters are gf.  And they do!  And they make it separately to avoid cross contamination from the other breads they use such as whole wheat.  **I must say, when I called they were not very nice.  Ugh.  They are located on 240 Sullivan Street, New York NY 10012.  (212) 677-3995.

Enjoy and happy baking!
xoxo Julie


Comments

  1. I love to try that cookies, guilty and cruelty free cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We got a dot com! I have moved to goodiegoodieglutenfree (dot) com - Visit me there!

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com