To make this pasta sing, use the freshest best quality crab available, such as jumbo lump crabmeat, Dungeness, or King Crab. Adjust the heat from the Chiles and the amount of lemon juice to your liking.
8 oz. gf linguine
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
1/4 cup minced shallots
1 tsp. minced garlic
1-2 Fresno chiles, red jalapeños, or red Thai chillies, seeded, sliced into thin rounds
1 1/2 Tbsp. or more fresh lemon juice, divided, plus 2 tsp. (packed) finely grated lemon zest, divided.
Freshly ground black pepper
8 oz. cooked, shelled Dungeness crab, king crab, or jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells.
1/3 cup fresh mint leave, gently torn, divided.
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
2. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
3. Meanwhile, melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and stir until just soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and 1 Chile and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 3 Tbsp. pasta cooking liquid to shallot mixture; add a pinch of pepper. Stir until liquid is almost evaporated, about 1 minute.
5. Transfer pasta to skillet and add 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing pasta or stirring with tongs, until liquid is almost evaporated and pasta becomes glossy. (about 2 minutes). Add the remaining 3 Tbsp. butter, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 Tsp. lemon zest, crab, half of mint and more Chile rounds, if desired.
Stir pasta until butter melts and pasta is well coated, adding more pasta cooking liquid if dry. Divide between bowls; top with remaining 1 tsp. lemon zest and mint. Sprinkle with more lemon juice if desired.
Enjoy! xoxo Julie