Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Apple Cranberry Pie Smoothie

Hello Lovelies!

I made this post yoga, pre brunch.  A little pick me up from Mother Nature.  This one was delightful.  Light.  Airy.  Tranquil…


Pic can be found on Instagram: Follow me at: RosecoloredglassesJAR

1 large dessert apple 
a small handful of fresh cranberries
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
1 heaping Tbsp. Raw Coconut Butter
1/3 x 2 coconut milk (original flavor)
1 Tsp. Agave Nectar 
1/2-1 Tsp. Lavender Extract
Ice

Helpful hints: 

Choosing the dessert apple is important.  For this smoothie you want one that is tart.  I like: Winesap and Empire, but Gala, Macoun, Honey Crisp will do too.

Lavender extract is very strong.  Start with the 1/2 Tsp. first.  Blend.  Taste.  If you want more, then add the other half.  If you use too much, it ends up tasting like you are eating flowers-and not in a good way.

Add the ice last.  Get everything blended to your desire, and then add 4-5 ice cubes.  Blend again.
Add a straw.

Serve this up in a wine glass and enjoy.  This smoothie will be PINK!!

Makes 2 small smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx