Skip to main content

Serenity Tea

Hello Lovlies, 

Having trouble sleeping, relaxing, feeling calm?  Having anxiety?  Fighting a cold? Before you pull out the prescription stop right there and try this!!  I will now have to say I swear by it.  I made this combination last night and I didn't even have to do yoga, in fact it actually felt like I had just done an hour of it and had a massage on top of it!  And I slept like a baby in a deep, deep uninterrupted sleep!  

Everything that has come from Mother Nature has properties in them that serve a healing purpose.  I believe we have all forgotten about these natural ancient amazing remedies and often rely on western medicine to pull us through.  

Camomille has often been prized by the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians for its special properties that include healing.  It is often used to treat anxiety, treat cuts and wounds, used to help with Diabetes and hyperglycemia, prevent and treat bacteria and cold infections in the body (perfect for flu season), soothes muscles spasms and can relieve and calm a tummy ache and can calm menstrual cramps, can aid in the healing of Hemorrhoids and promotes healthy skin.  But most important and purposeful for this remedy it promotes SLEEP-It has been used as a treatment for Insomnia for centuries.  

Aloe Vera both the Fillet and the Whole Leaf has properties to heal acid reflux, supports healthy digestion, reduces harmful toxins, increases absorption of nutrients, enhances antioxidant support, balances stomach acidity naturally and soothes occasional muscle and joint discomfort.  It also has a cooling effect.  My favorite brand is Lily of the Desert, and it's gluten free and certified organic.

Natural Raw Honey (you will want the natural organic unfiltered raw honey-this is my favorite brand Pennsylvania Apiaries Raw Unfiltered Honey) has been known for centuries to treat infection, cuts, wounds internal and external.  Have a cut or a scrape on your body?  Simply apply a bit of honey rather then western medicine for example Neosporin.  It is also used to treat and prevent colds and bacterias.  It is greatly and widely used to prevent or treat allergies and burns.  I have to say I have been using Raw Unfiltered Honey with Bee Pollen in my tea daily for months, and I have yet to have gotten sick.  If I feel a cold coming on, I have decaf green and camomile tea with raw honey a few times a day, and by the time I wake up the next morning my symptoms are completely gone.  True Raw Honey and regular processed honey are two totally different products.  The processed kind you find in the store is merely sugar.  The properties honey is so widely known for is depleted during the processing, which is why you will want to go to your nearest Whole Foods or health store to find Raw Unfiltered Honey.  Raw Unfiltered Honey has two key components that are the reasons honey heals.  They are Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis.  Bee Pollen contains vitamins, lipids, carbohydrates, minerals and protein.  Bee Propolis has proven antibiotic and antiseptic properties and may also have anti-inflammatory and anti-viral effects.  Raw Unfiltered Honey can be found in liquid or solid form.  I personally like the solid form.  It is normally opaque and milky, can be yellow or even a brown yellow. And last but not least it is also used as a sweetener.  

I call my tea Serentiy Tea because it is just that.  Serene.  Tranquil.  Lovely.  Peaceful.  Relaxing.  I can hear your bodies saying ahhhh.  Try this tea, you will be so thankful.  I will now be drinking this at bedtime every night.

1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk 
1 Camomille tea bag
1 heaping tsp. raw unfiltered honey with bee pollen
1-2 tsp. Aloe Vera (Inner Fillet) Gel  (I like the brand Lily of The Desert)

Directions:

1.  Heat coconut milk in the microwave for 1-2 minutes-depending how hot you want it.  Be careful, if you set the microwave for too long, it may overflow.  (mine did-oops).
Tip:  You are more then welcome to add more then 1 cup of coconut milk

2.  Remove from microwave and seep Camomille tea bag for about 10 minutes.  The longer the better.   Even better if you can let it seep for 15 minutes, and reheat when ready to drink.  While seeping, add in Aloe Vera Gel and Raw Honey.  Mix well.
Tip: Start with 1 tsp. of Aloe Vera Gel, then taste it.  If you don't notice the Aloe Vera, add a half more of a tsp. and so on.  (I realized I had added in too much Aloe and I could taste it, so to compensate I added more honey).

3.  Serves 1-enjoy!!  Light a candle, put on some ocean music and enjoy!  Get ready to feel the ahhh.

Enjoy!! and Happy Holidays!!
xx Julie

Find me on Instagram and Pinterest (at) Goodiegoodiegf
Get my tweets (at) ByJulipie on Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not All Advil Is Gluten-Free!!!

After last night's POST , GF Advil was on my mind and I decided to call Advil/Pfizer this morning to get some more clarification.  In response to my post last night I advised through the website that Advil Liqui-gels, Advil Migraine and Advil Liqui-Gels PM contain a wheat derivative.  After my phone call with a lovely representative I received more information. - ALL ADVIL LIQUI-GELS contain a wheat derivative .   ALL LIQUI-GELS.  So stop these immediately if you are taking the Liqui-gels.  You maybe getting sick from a medication rather then a food and this is so important to recognize!  Just steer clear of Liqui-Gels. -ALL FORMS OF ADVIL MIGRAINE contain gluten .  There is no further information if it is just the Liqui-Gels or the Tablets, Caplets and Gel-Caps.  Pfizer does not have this info therefore they informed me to steer clear of all Advil Migraine pills. Here is what IS GLUTEN-FREE FROM ADVIL: All Advil Tablets, Gel-Caps ( which are different then Li

Hot Chocolate Coffee

Sometimes I feel like there are days only chocolate would understand.  And following a strict Paleo diet does not allot for chocolate eating.  Especially chocolate with added dried cane sugar.  And especially in abundance.  Of course special occasions allot for this type of activity, but today is not that day. So how do you put a sock in your chocolate craving?  Well, simply remove your sock from your foot and put it in your chocolate.  I'm kidding!  Please use a clean sock! Kidding again!!… Often, chocolate cravings can get the best of us, so I created a delicious recipe to kick my craving and your craving.  It's delicious.  And it's perfect for the lover of coffee and chocolate.  Taking a sip of this sent signals of pure decadence to my brain. A lot of my readers often describe how tough it is to drink black coffee without sweetener, so this one is for you guys!!   This recipe is a total Brain Trick.  It tastes sweet and chocolaty, so you think there is swee

Magnolia Bakery-Cream Cheese Frosting

Another amazing frosting recipe from Magnolia!  I swear by these recipes, this is my go-to book for icing when I bake!! 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 5 cups sifted confectioners' sugar In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.  Add the vanilla and beat well.  Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.  Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours, but no longer, to thicken before using. Makes enough for one 2-or 3-layer 9-inch cake Enjoy! xoxo Julie www.goodiegoodiegluten-free.blogspot.com