All I can say is-
This is the easiest recipe I have ever made!
I think this is the easiest recipe that anyone will ever make besides making eggs and toast.
It's effortless, nutritious, healthy and creamy.
Why Hemp Milk? Well…
It's a great alternative to dairy milk. It's tree nut and nut free and it's delicious!
There are no additives or thickeners in the homemade version.
It is lactose free and Casein free!
It is low glycemic! Only 1 gram of natural sugar.
This is a great alternative for those that are Lactose Intolerant.
It's cheaper then buying the store bought!
Did you know that this tiny seed is a Superfood? Did you know it's packed with crazy nutrients and vitamins like Iron, Vitamin A, Potassium, Magnesium?
There is 86mg of Magnesium! That is amazing. Magnesium helps with muscle spasms, regulates sleep and well…keeps you "regular".
Did you know that Hemp Seeds are a huge source of Omega-3's? And Omega-6. This seed contains all the essential amino acids to make up a complete protein. Translation? Super good for your body!
Hemp seeds are one of the best Vegetarian sources of Protein!
These little nuggets rock in my book! They taste great, and can be used in so many ways!!
And no. For all you guys out there pondering curiosity…You cannot get "high" from Hemp Seeds as there is no THC. So eating hemp seeds will not affect a drug test. I put this here, because I get so many questions about this.
All you need is hemp seeds, filtered water, a nut bag and a high speed blender!
If you want to make it flavored the way I did, then you will need some vanilla extract, nutmeg or Cinnamon, Cardamom and optional: Liquid Stevia. You don't even have to use the spices I used. You can use whatever spices you want!
**Reminder! The milk will separate once you put it in the fridge. The trick is to shake it before use.
**If you do not soak the seeds the milk lasts for a few days and up to a week. If you soak the seeds the milk will only last 2 days.
** This is great for baking, hot coffee and iced coffee, but NOT for a cappuccino or Latte as the milk curdles.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 cup hemp seeds
3 cups filtered water
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2-3 dashes Nutmeg or Cinnamon
2-3 pinches Cardamom
Optional: 2-3 Liquid Stevia
KITCHEN ESSENTIALS NEEDED:
High speed blender
big cooking bowl
-Use organic whenever possible
-a cheesecloth will not work as well with this seed. I recommend the nut bag for this milk
-Liquid Stevia is an option for those who like a low glycemic sweetener. Make sure the ingredients on the package say Pure Stevia, and make sure it's not cut with additives.
-All spices and extracts are options. This can be enjoyed plain as well.
-Homemade Hemp Milk can be stored in the fridge for up to a week
1. Pour 1 cup of Hemp Seeds (un-rinsed) into your blender along with 3 cups of filtered water. (I made mine in the Nutribullet).
2. Close lid of Blender.
3. Blend on high speed till color turns creamy white.
4. Open lid of blender and add in 1 tsp. Vanilla extract, a few shakes of Nutmeg or Cinnamon, a few pinches of Cardamom, 2-3 drops Liquid Stevia and blend again.
5. Blend again and then prepare to drain. In a separate bowl, place the Nut Bag in the middle, opened.
6. Pour a portion of the mixture into the nut bag. Grip tightly and squeeze milk into the bowl. (It looks like a little comes out, but that's because I had to take the picture. A lot squeezes through the nut bag all at once. Prepare to get your hands dirty.
7. Repeat this step until you have poured all of the hemp mixture into the bag, and squeezed out all the milk you possibly can. This may take 2-3 steps. When you are done, the waste will be left inside the bag. Simply rinse it out when finished.
8. What's left in the bowl is your creamy, delicious Homemade Hemp Milk. This recipe gives 3 1/2 cups and should be refrigerated. It lasts up to 1 week.
Enjoy! xx Julie
Like Goodie and wanna Fall In LOVE?
Do you love Health, Wellness and Nutrition?
Check out the school I went to! Institute For Integrative Nutrition