Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Devils Food Cupcakes with Buttercream Whipped Icing




Beautiful Decadance



Mouth Watering and Gluten-Free

Betty Crocker's Devils Food Baking Mix


How good to these cupcakes look?  Let me tell you they were fantastic!  I was a bit of a skeptic because I had made the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix a few months back and didn't love the texture.  I thought I had tasted better.  I love baking from scratch, but I just don't have that kind of time, all the time.  So I bought Betty Crocker's mixes once again and this time I added in a few extra ingredients and they were delicious!

I had also written a post a few months back on Betty Crocker's Gluten Free icing!  Yes you heard right!  

And these cupcakes are super kid friendly.  The icing is very sweet and the chocolate cake is divine.  It's a sweetness that will make any child go gaga for gluten-free cupcakes

One of my co-workers daughter had two!  And she was not gluten-free.  

This was a fun and creative project.  I added into the batter  1 Cup Hershey's Dark Chocolate morsels
1/2 Cup Hershey's Butterscotch morsels (both are gluten-free)
1 Tsp. Chocolate Extract (available at specialty stores and supermarkets)
1/4 Tsp. Xanthan Gum



xoxo Julie


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/16/2010

    A little off topic here, but I was reading your list of safe foods and wanted to add something. I see you have PB cups. I actually bought the PB cup bar, and it's not GF. Just wanted to give a heads up on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Well, one should automatically know that just because the peanut butter cups are gluten-free would not mean that the bars are gluten free. As a person with a gluten allergy one can never assume. You have to know that the bars are made differently and on different equipment then the cups. I never quoted that the bar was gluten-free, I just mentioned the cups. Cups and bars are in fact different. And for all of my readers you should know that.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts my Lovelies! I want to hear from YOU! xx